søndag 23. oktober 2016

It is about purification

NORSK
All together, we have soon lived 4,5 years in Moldova. The country is known for its wine, and thus I should certainly have acquired more knowledge about maintenance of the vines, but my knowledge is limited to distance admiration of the beautiful fields of grapes of different species. Earlier in this series, I have mentioned the connection between spirit and wine (1), and between holiness and purification (2) which was the main focus for William Booth’s holiness-teaching (3).

Although I have no insight from the vineyards, I am able to understand what Jesus means when he says that the branches are "pure" when they become part of the stem and root of the vine:

You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
John 15:3
In other words, there is nothing wrong with the starting point. The challenge is what kind of influence the branches will be exposed to along the way. It is now that the concept of having "part with him" is important. When I have "part with him", it immediately becomes apparent which characteristics in me that are ‘apart’ from him. Then the only solution is to give the gardener access. 

I have always seen a clear correlation between the story of the ‘vine and the pruning of the fresh branches’ and the ‘foot washing and Jesus discussion with Peter’ (4). I must have "part with Jesus" so that my life will bear more fruit. Although I am physically healthy, I need physical activity to stay healthy. The physical activity is a form of cleansing the body. To stay healthy with Jesus, I need to exercise with him.

Today 'manna':

Holiness is about an ongoing purification-exercise
-------------------------------------
(1) See: e.g. Eph 5:18
(2) See: It is about purity
(3) See: William Booth’s book “Purity of heart”
(4) See: John 13:1-15

Ingen kommentarer: