lørdag 6. oktober 2018

One Spirit

After a long break, I return with my weekly blog, and I continue with reflections on walking ‘worthy of the calling we have received’ as one body.
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;
Eph 4:4
The last entry with posting in six languages was on the last day of June. In the time since then many things have happened in my life. During our homeland-furlough I was able to spend much time together with my family and my father before it was pleasing to God to promote him to glory. It was also good to be able to conduct his funeral and celebrate his life before we returned to office this week.

My father was not only my dad, he was an officer-colleague, a dear brother in Christ, and an intercessor on whom I could count in hard times as well as one who could rejoice with me when we saw the God’s intervening hand in our own lives as well as other people’s lives and situations. We were of the same Spirit, the one Spirit. Even in the struggles on his death-bed I sensed the confirmation Paul described in this way:

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
Rom 8:16
I am so grateful to God that this kind of relationship can be found with every born again believer. Sometimes nothing needs to be said, we just know that we are of the One and same Spirit – we are the body of Christ.

‘Manna’ for today:

As one in one Spirit, we can make Jesus known to the whole world. 

Ingen kommentarer: