lørdag 21. mai 2016

40 years today!

NORSK
Today it is 40 years since I was commissioned as an officer of The Salvation Army. I have thought about it for a couple of days, but forgot about it when I posted today's blog: "On the move" - with focus on moving with the Spirit. That was my great desire 40 years ago, and the desire has by God's grace been there as a constant momentum through the ups and downs of life in ministry.

I was "the baby" of the "Overcomers" session, and I want to say "Thank you" and "God bless you" to my sessionmates today, and I hope and pray that you will have a good reunion in a few weeks time.

I can testify to the truth of this verse:

The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
1 Thess 5:24

The pictures:
The picture to the right was taken the same month I was commissioned and is from an article in the newspaper "Vårt Land". Underneath is a picture of  "The Albert Orsborn - brigade" from my first year in college. You see me as #3 from right on the back row. In front of me is Sergeant Bill Cochrane. A couple of days ago the now Commissioner Bill Cochrane was appointed Territorial Commander in my home-territory from the 1st of August 2016. May God bless your ministry there!

Ingen kommentarer: