lørdag 21. mai 2016

On the move

NORSK
As long as I have lived, I have been "on the move" - physically. The older I get the more important it has become to live where I am and be present in my own life so that I can move with the Spirit.

Yesterday I reflected on the Holy Spirit who is "poured out" to fill those who accept him. The restricting factor for the Holy Spirit’s work in my life, is not in any limitations of the Holy Spirit, but in the volume of the space I make available for him. 

If my soul is full of myself, my will, my need for control, my urge to be effective, my interests, etc., the space left for the Holy Spirit can be very small.

A disciple will always be on the move – under the directions of the Holy Spirit. A "move" does not  necessarily imply physical relocation, it is just a question of letting the Spirit lead me where He wills. It is important to be able to travel light when I move with the Spirit. Then I can move me like the wind:
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.
Joh 3:8
The most famous “move” in Acts is probably the story of Philip, an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, "Get ready and go south on the road from Jerusalem to Gaza." - Acts 8:26.

Fortunately for the Egyptian eunuch Philip was not "full of himself", but filled with the Spirit. He traveled fast and "light". The eunuch did not know where Philip came from or where he went away, but his life was transformed. The Lord wants us all to "travel light".

'Manna' for today:
I want to travel light!
---------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: