mandag 1. mai 2017

Why me? - a time for everything *

NORSK
It has happened more than once that I have asked God: “Why me?”. The question has come both in gratefulness to the boundless mercy and blessings I have received, like expressed in Kris Kristofferson's song: ‘Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve one of the pleasures I've known?’ (1)

Other times, the question has come when I have felt the burden of the mission: “Why me?”. Sometimes both feelings are present at the same time, like in the challenge I believe the disciples experienced when Jesus had clarified the mission. They must have known both the blessing and the burden of the huge task Jesus was entrusting them, and maybe Jesus sensed their thoughts and the question “Why me?” and simply answered: Because:
You are witnesses of these things.
Luke 24:48
I have witnessed that the gospel is true. I have witnessed that what Jesus did, brings salvation even today. To discover this is of course a great blessing, which I realise that I have not deserved. However, it makes me a witness, and with the status of a witness follows a responsibility: I have to share my experience with others.

‘Manna’ for today:

I am a witness of these things!
----------------------------------------
(1) Kris Kristoffersen - you can hear his own testimony and the song HERE
* 'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 This series is about the teaching in the time between Easter and Pentecost. 

Ingen kommentarer: