lørdag 27. mai 2017

The last important reminder - a time for everything *

NORSK
As we draw closer to the day of Pentecost, I reflect on some of the last things Jesus did or said, and today I focus on the last reminder:
“... a and you will be my witnesses...” Acts 1:8  
I have written a lot about witnessing on the blog (2). That is because the Bible refers to it many times both in the Old and the New Testament.
Since I have been brought up in the Salvation Army, I was constantly reminded about witnessing. It had focus in the preaching and it was very evident in the practice of people giving their testimonies both in indoor meetings and in the open air. 

Many of our halls had the verse from Isaiah on the wall – preferably on the back wall so that the soldiers on the platform could be constantly reminded on the fact that:
“You are my witnesses,”
declares the Lord

Isaiah 43:11 
I have seen how important it is for the witnesses telling their stories and for those who listen to the testimonies, so I am not surprised that Jesus' last reminder was that I should be his witness.

‘Manna’ for today:

I want to be his witness!
And today I will give my testimony at the library in Bacau, where a new corps planting in Romania has taken place - and tomorrow the first two soldiers will be enrolled.
--------------------------------------------
(1) An example of the "back wall text" referred to, and in the foreground two faithful witnesses: Anne and Jan-Egil Trobe (Sandvika).
(2) You can find more reflections under the label Witness - and many more if you do google translate on the reflections under Vitne
'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 This series is about the teaching in the time between Easter and Pentecost

Ingen kommentarer: