søndag 14. mai 2017

Confident identity - a time for everything *

NORSK
Today, I feel very fortunate to be able to participate in a "Confirmation". It is our oldest grandson, Adam, who will be confirmed as loved by God and of us who appreciate him and love him as the good boy he has been and the great man he has become.

It is important for every individual to be confident in his identity. I believe that Jesus’s confidence in his identity made it possible for him was fulfill the mission he had come to accomplish. In the passage I have been studying in the past week, Jesus says:

“I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”
John 16:28
He had just told the disciples that “the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God”. Through their faith in him, they had helped to confirm him. At the same time, Jesus knew that they would ‘be scattered, each to his own home and leave me all alone’ (2). They would therefore fail in the crucial moment.
  • We seek confirmation from people around us, but people will not always be there for us.
  • We seek confirmation in what we do, but we will not always be able to do what we want.
  • We seek confirmation in what we have, but what we have can never confirm us as human beings.
Therefore, it becomes so important where I have my identity, and I want to have my identity in Christ. That is my greatest wish for Adam as well. Of course, I hope that he receives material gifts and provisions for what he needs every day; opportunities to be affirmed through exciting and challenging jobs; and not the least, that he will continue to be confirmed by people who love him. However, the only affirmation that comes with a durability guarantee is the confirmation in Christ.

‘Manna’ for today:

Where do I have my identity?
-----------------------------------
(1) Adam, you came as a blessing, have been a blessing and are a blessing. We pray God's continued blessings upon your life!

(2) John 16:32
'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 This series is about the teaching in the ime between Easter and Pentecost  

Ingen kommentarer: