torsdag 9. februar 2017

Part of something much bigger

NORSK
Very often I face limitations both in myself, in resources and in my surroundings and I forget that I belong to God the unlimited. See what Paul wrote to Timothy:
Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained.
2 Tim 2:8-9
Paul was chained, but had great success with converting prison guards (1) because “God’s word is not chained”. When he finally came to Rome, he was even permitted to live together with the soldier who guarded him (2). In other words, Paul new for sure that he belonged to an unlimited God and that
all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Rom 8:28
Therefore, I know that:
  • when I am chained – God is free
  • when I am poor – God is rich
  • when I am wrong – God is right
  • when I am weak – God is strong
  • when I don’t know – God knows
  • when I can’t – God can
The list could go on 'for ever', and before I know it I will end up confessing like Paul did in

‘Manna’ for today:

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (3)
--------------------------------------
(1) Acts 16:29-34
(2) Acts 28:16
(3) Phil 4:13

Ingen kommentarer: