tirsdag 21. februar 2017

It is a matter of choice

NORSK
Yesterday I quoted two testimonies to the experience of "the Lord being with them through it all". Paul and Andrae Crouch were witnesses to this being true in their lives, and very many can testify to the same. 

Not everyone has experienced persecution to the same degree as Paul did, but there are many forms of persecution and hardship. Paul knew this:
In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.
2 Timothy 3:12
I have mentioned persecution several times in this series, so today I want to concentrate on the first clause of the verse. To live a godly life in Christ Jesus is constantly a question of wanting. ‘Everyone who wants’, Paul wrote, and it is part of the proclamation that the gospel is for the whosoever. 

The fact that God gave me a free will is perhaps the most precious gift that is embedded in God's image in which I was created. It is an expression of love that is almost as big as the love manifested when he gave his life to give me the option to choose to return to Him. 

I have chosen, yet every day it is choice to live a godly life in Christ Jesus. It is an easy choice, because even though it may prove to be costly, it is the best choice "through it all".

‘Manna’ for today:

My choice is made, yet I will choose it over again.

Ingen kommentarer: