søndag 29. januar 2017

“When my spirit grows faint”

NORSK
Psalm 142 was yesterday’s text on our ‘Bible Reading Plan’. David wrote his psalms and prayers under all kinds of circumstances. This particular prayer was written when he fled Saul’s persecution and hid in a cave. He had all reasons to be depressed and to lose heart, but he wrote:
When my spirit grows faint within me,
it is you who watch over my way.

Psalm 142:3
It is a strong testimony of trust in the midst of hostility.
May be Timothy found himself in a similar situation when Paul wrote:

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
2 Tim 1:7 
David was young when he was in the cave. Timothy was young when he was left with the responsibility for the church at Ephesus. Both of them carried the blessing and the burden of a calling and anointing on their lives, as do all disciples of Jesus Christ at all times.

Therefore, I need to be reminded about the fact that God:

  • watches over my way
  • gives power, love and self-discipline
With regard to the study of Paul’s mentoring of Timothy, I have already focused on both love (1) and self-discipline (2), but tomorrow I will look closer at power.

‘Manna’ for today:

God watches over my way!
-------------------------------
(1) See e.g. “The goal of the mission defined” and “A smile on the arena of love”
(2) See e.g. “Godless myths” and “It is about lifestyle”

Ingen kommentarer: