lørdag 14. januar 2017

On the arena of purity

NORSK
Today I am entering the last arena on which I am called to set an example
“…set an example … in purity…”
1 Tim 4:12
If you are a frequent reader and have followed my blog for some time, you may remember that I some months back wrote that holiness is about purity (1).

For William Booth holiness was a synonym for holiness, “A pure heart will ensure a Holy Life!” he stated in the 4th chapter of his book “Purity of heart” (2) – the tittle confirms his focus.

That the arena of purity comes last, confirms to me that there is a thought about a progression in the order Paul presented them. After his conversion, Paul’s life had been a continues race towards the goal of Christ likeness. When he wrote to the Philippians, it is participation in this race he asks his readers to see as an example:

Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.
Phil 3:17
‘Manna’ for today:
Role models chase for purity
--------------------------------------
(1) «It is about purity»
(2) William Booth in “The Founder Speaks again” SP&S 1960 s 20

Ingen kommentarer: