lørdag 28. januar 2017

From impression to imprint


NORSK
"I will not forget ..." Paul wrote in yesterday's reflection. Today he writes "I remember ...". On both occasions it is a reference to the impression that Timothy made on Paul, impressions that became imprints on his life:
I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.
2 Tim 1:5 
I have already stressed how important it is that a mentor affirms his disciple (1), and here Timothy is affirmed once more. His qualities have already made imprints in other people's lives - even in his mentor's life. Tears that are not forgotten and a sincere faith that is remembered, give us a picture of a passionate and genuine young man who influenced his environment with his commitment to the gospel of Jesus.

I am so thankful to people who by their sincere faith and passionate commitment have made a strong impression on me, an imprint that will follow me for the rest of my life. 


Some of them have had leadership positions like e.g. General John Gowans; others belong to the large number of ‘ordinary’ Christians, but with an equally sincere faith and burning commitment as any celebrated charismatic leader. Only very few of you who read my blog, will have heard of them, but I carry with me the impression that they made on me. Imprints that remind me of Jesus.

Today 'manna':

A sincere belief creates an imprint
---------------------------------
(1) "Affirmation and accountability"

Ingen kommentarer: