onsdag 4. januar 2017

Conscience - seared as with a hot iron

I do realize that not everyone is happy when I say and write that love is the only remedy that can overcome evil. I want to be open minded and ready to change view, but not on this issue. However, that does not mean that I accept evil - on the contrary, I know where evil has its roots, and I hate evil. Paul, the mentor, writes to Timothy:
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
1 Tim 4:1-2
Over the past weeks we have seen many proofs that Paul is right. We have seen people who have been led astray by deceiving spirits, and 'teachers' with consciences - seared as with a hot iron. There are no signals telling that less terror is likely in near future. In one way or the other we need to reach the core of the human conscience, and again I think we have to start with ourselves. That is also Paul's advice:
If you point these things out to the brothers and sisters,[a] you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, nourished on the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed
1 Tim 4:6
When I hate evil, it is very easy to transfer the hate to the one who is doing evil. I have seen a lot of that in the commentaries in social media, also from people who should have known better. If I fall in that trap, I am just as much astray as those committing evil. The Jesus I know, said: "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing!"

'Manna' for today:

Father, help me to do what I know is right.
-----------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: