fredag 2. desember 2016

Journey of Renewal

NORSK
Accountability is high on the Salvation Army’s international agenda. It is important that we, as a church and corporation, are accountable and transparent in the management of all we have been entrusted with. The Accountability Movement is presented under the name ‘Journey of Renewal’. If you want to learn more about what it is all about, you can watch the references in the footnote (1).

Yesterday I focused on developing good habits, and the importance of being held accountable in a process towards a life-style characterised by holiness. The relationship between Paul and Timothy is an excellent example of an accountability relation. Paul gave Timothy advice on his ‘Journey of Renewal’, and he held him accountable:

Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care.
1 Tim 6:20a
At the same time, Paul made himself accountable to his young friend with regard to how he lived his own life and finished his journey (or race) of renewal:
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
2 Tim 4:7
I realise that I, as follower of Jesus, am entrusted a lot. In addition, the opportunity to work within the frames of the Salvation Army’s mission is a great trust. Therefore, I think I will benefit from using time together with Paul and Timothy for some time. It is likely to be a small journey of accountability and a 'race' of renewal.

‘Manna’ for today:

I will guard what has been entrusted to my care.
--------------------------------------------
(1) Journey of Renewal and Facebook

Ingen kommentarer: