søndag 20. november 2016

It is about recipes

NORSK
No doubt, Christmas is just around the corner, and I really look forward to spend the rest of this year’s furlough in Norway in connection with Christmas. I hope I will be able to trace the rather worn card with the recipe for my favourite Christmas cookies, because I do not know the recipe by heart even though I have baked the cakes for more than 30 years.

The focus is of course not cookies for the Christmas season, but the fact that a recipe is important even though I can remember most of the ingredients. It also applies to growing the fruit of the Spirit, and Peter has supplied a recipe, which also comes handy when we prepare for the harvest season:

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Pet 1:5-8
 It is very interesting to observe the sequence of ingredients:
  • Faith
  • Virtue
  • Knowledge
  • Self-control
  • Perseverance
  • Godliness
  • Brotherly kindness
  • Love
Before I start baking my Christmas cookies, it is important to make sure that I have all the ingredients in the house. It is even a good idea to check if all the ingredients for Peter’s fruit-recipe are in the house, or rather in the “temple” to stick to the holiness-terminology. Because when the ingredients are in place I will according to Peter not be unfruitful. The next days I will check the quality of the ingredients – stay with me!

‘Manna’ for today:

The fruit of holiness is about the right ingredients
----------------------------------

The illustration is from Egner's play: 'In the Forest of Huckybucky' - the scene is from the story about recipe of the double-peppered pepper-nuts. Watch the trailer for the movie

Ingen kommentarer: