lørdag 12. november 2016

It is about hardship and adversity

NORSK
When Magna last week shared thoughts about her role-models during a holiness-seminar in Ukraine, it was interesting to notice that a common factor was how they live their lives in situations of hardship and adversity. It is in such times that the fruit becomes visible.

The verse I quoted yesterday was about being planted at the right place to be able to bear fruit in the right time. Jeremiah elaborated on this theme, and added some thoughts on the rough times:

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”

Jer 17:7-8
When I know where my roots are, I do not need to worry about the rough times.

“The famous preacher D.L. Moody was once asked:
- Moody, do you believe that you have strength and courage to face death for Jesus’ name’s sake?
D.L. Moody, who had led many people to faith in Jesus Christ, had the habit of answering practical and simple, replied:
- No, I do not have this strength today, because today I do not need it. However, if the day should come that I am called to die for my Saviour, I know that he also will give me the strength that I need.
Then he quoted Deuteronomy 33:25 - 'As your days, so shall your strength be'.”

‘Manna’ for today:

It is about knowing that the fruit will come when I need it
-----------------------

Ingen kommentarer: