onsdag 30. november 2016

It is about habits

NORSK
I am close to the end of the series from the “Well of holiness”. Perhaps you will not notice that I slowly move to other themes. For more than three months I have focused on different aspects of holiness, and I have also used impulses from themes that relate to holiness. 


Since holiness in principle is part of everything that has to with Christian living, it should not surprise anybody that the different themes often touch the same base.

Yet another couple of days the reflection will be about holiness. With Jesus as role-model, it will be useful to see what kind of habits he had. My habits strongly contribute to my formation, and I also believe that they influenced Jesus:

“Jesus went to Nazareth, where he had been raised. On the Sabbath he went to the synagogue as he normally did.”
Luke 4:16
I believe Jesus built a strong foundation due to the habit of going to the synagogue, the place of worship and reading of the Scriptures. What we normally do becomes so normal that it almost happens by itself. Thus it is important the habits I develop are the good ones. Mary and Joseph must have given Jesus a good upbringing including the formation of good habits. I believe we can encourage one another to form such habits even as seniors. 

Tomorrow I will write more about this. Today I praise God because Jesus did what he normally did, and it was just on the spot where he normally went that he under the anointing of the Spirit proclaimed who he is (1).

‘Manna’ for today:

Holiness is about formation of good habits
-----------------------------------------
* Children praying before they go to Sunday School - Magna took the pic last Sunday in Georgia
(1) See: ‘It is about an important part of the package’

Ingen kommentarer: