lørdag 29. oktober 2016

It is about a good tree

NORSK
Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.
Matt 12:33
I chose a good tree when I began to write about fruit and holiness, because I began with vine. Therefore, the fruit will resemble the tree. Jesus is the vine, thus the fruit will resemble him. In other words, it’s most prominent attribute will the most prominent attribute of God.

This verse has occurred earlier in the “well of holiness”, but once again, it nourishes me:
Whoever does not love does not know God,
because God is love.

1 John 4:8
It is no surprise that the fruit of the Spirit’s first attribute is love (1). It is no surprise that it is love that characterizes the testimony of Samuel Logan Brengle whom I have quoted many times. It is no surprise that it is love that Jesus describes as the “new commandment” (2). And it is no surprise that Juan Carlos Ortiz wrote his book “Disciple” which I read in my teens: “Love is the oxygen of God’s kingdom”. That is the reason why I can say that it is in him, in love, that I live, move and have my being (3).

‘Manna’ for today:
Holiness is about belonging to the right tree.
------------------------------
(1) The fruit of the Spirit is love – Gal 5:22
(2) As I have loved you, so you must love one another. John 13:34b
(3) Acts 17:28

Ingen kommentarer: