tirsdag 20. september 2016

It is about my 'Most Holy Place'

NORSK
It is already nine days since I wrote about the line starting with the Tabernacle leading to the Temple and from there to the living temple. After having spent time to reflect on the 'other' trinity, I now return to Paul's question:
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?
1 Cor 6:19
"Yes, I know!" - Because I believe it!

A truth revealed to me by God, is something I know. It is not always possible for me to explain it, but faith gives assurance also in matters which remain mysteries. In the moment Jesus died, the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom (1). I believe this was a prophetic happening which should reveal to the world that through the death of Jesus all men (not just the elected High Priest) could receive access to God in His Most Holy Place. 


Let us use the method of “logic consequence” again or may be we should use the Brengle-term: “Sanctified Sanity”? If the Temple is an image of man, I believe the same happened in my “Sanctuary”. Even there the “curtain” was torn from top to bottom on Good Friday - Because of the wonderful work of salvation, I could now give God access to my Most Holy Place. 


In the very moment I accepted Christ into my life and received the miracle of salvation, The Holy Spirit took his dwelling in my Most Holy Place. That place is my spirit – or my “heart” which is a very common image used for the human spirit in the Scriptures.

You may think it is strange that I start the tour of my Sanctuary from the centre. But I am very consciously moving from within and outwards. Jesus said that “nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'” (2) only that which comes from within, out of men's hearts (3) can have such an effect.


It is my firm belief that this is argument is valid when we speak about personal holiness. None of my external activities can make my inner man holy, but what comes from the centre of my Sanctuary, from my heart, is holy if it is initiated by the Holy Spirit who lives there. The question is: Do I dare to invite Him from his “dwelling-place” to influence the whole Sanctuary?



'Manna' for today:

The Spirit lives in my most holy place. 
---------------------------------
(1) Mark 15:38
(2) Mark 7:18 in the context of a discourse of ”clean and unclean” vv 1-23
(3) Mark 7:21

Ingen kommentarer: