onsdag 17. august 2016

Spiritual authority focuses on the task

NORSK
Very often we listen to athletes answering a question about their expectations in an upcoming event: 
"I'm going out there focusing on the task that I should be doing!"  
The focus is not on winning the medal; it is not on the obstacles – but all on the task that has to be done. It is important in sports. It is important in business. It is important when building a church...

...and it was important when 276 people were to be rescued from the sea - as was the case with the ship caught in a storm on the Mediterranean Sea nearly 2000 years ago.
 


Paul focused on the task, therefore he also saw that the people were exhausted after going without food for fourteen days and said:
"Now I urge you to take some food. You need it to survive. Not one of you will lose a single hair from his head.”
Acts 27:34
Paul was preparing them for the task. It is interesting to observe how God's revelation and human reason go hand in hand here. If the task at hand needs that I am in optimal physical shape, I should prepare myself accordingly. This is logical for the Spirit as well as for human reason. 

'Manna' for today:
God has created me with heart and brain
-----------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: