torsdag 7. juli 2016

Abandoned?

NORSK
The story about the angel waking up Peter whilst asleep in the prison, and how the chains fell off him before was led out of the prison shows how natural it was for the early Christians that the angels were their fellow servants (1):
When they were past the first and the second guard posts, they came to the iron gate that leads to the city, which opened to them of its own accord; and they went out and went down one street, and immediately the angel departed from him.
Acts 12:10
Suddenly there, and just as sudden gone – but abandoned?

I do not think so.

It says that the angel departed from him. I think it departed from his sight. 
So far in my life, I can only remember once when I saw an angelic being, and I was around 45 at the time. It was suddenly there, and suddenly it was gone for me. But, I know that they are there all the time. I grew up with a prayer in form of a children’s chorus, a prayer my parents used to sing with me every night: 
"From sin, in pain and danger, your angel will protect me, who also led my foot today." 
It could have been sung to the Holy Spirit. The angels are his servants, and ever since Pentecost, they have been part of the Christians’ "standing forces".

‘Manna’ for today:
They are normally out of sight, but I am never abandoned.
----------------------------------------
(1) Rev 19:10

Ingen kommentarer: