tirsdag 16. mai 2017

The bad days - a time for everything *

NORSK
It is good that Jesus announced both perfect joy and difficult times when he described the time after the Resurrection.
“In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33b
I have experienced bad days, I am facing big challenges and I know that I will continue to experience that it is tough to live in a world full of tribulation. Knowing this, I find an amazing comfort in Jesus' statement:
“I have overcome the world!”
It is exciting to notice that the statement is in a past tense - despite the fact it was a victory Jesus should win a few days later. Again Jesus gave an example of what speaking in faith is all about. Jesus had already confirmed the decision to complete the mission he had come to accomplish. It happened when some Greeks approached his disciples because they wanted to meet Jesus (1).

I share his faith, and by grace I have part in his victory - on the good and the bad days.

‘Manna’ for today:

I have part in his victory!
-------------------------------------
(1) John 12:23-28
'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 This series is about the teaching in the ime between Easter and Pentecost

Ingen kommentarer: