onsdag 12. april 2017

Knowing who can be saved and how - a step on the journey

NORSK
I have discovered that there are many people who wish that they could say: ‘I am saved!’. It may even be that some of them have made several efforts to gain salvation. 

However, to gain salvation by achievement is just as impossible as threading a rope through the eye of a needle - or a camel through the same eye if you prefer to try that option (1). When Jesus taught his disciples in this way, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”- an entirely human and understandable reaction, and I think it was exactly what Jesus wanted in order to present his point:
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Matt 19:25-26
The big challenge with salvation is that I cannot come to God with my private solution to salvation, but I have to commit myself totally to his salvation through Jesus. To confess that I am saved is therefore not "bragging" because of something I have done, but an expression of gratitude that I am included in what Jesus did when he came to Jerusalem to die on the cross. In spite of the fact that it is impossible for men to be saved, I know that whosoever will can be saved because God has made it possible. My contribution to my salvation is to accept the sacrifice he made, he made for me and then tell him and others that I have accepted this salvation.

‘Manna’ for today:

What Jesus did is enough!
-------------------------------------
(1) In the original language, the words for rope and camel are almost identical - but it really does not matter which translation we choose since both options are impossible.

Ingen kommentarer: