fredag 7. april 2017

Knowing that we are together - a step on the journey

I have kept my word and remained in the “sweet little story about Cod Cap” for a few days. The simple reason is that the story has several aspects that deserve to be reflected on separately. Peter got clear instruction what he should do with the silver coin he found in the mouth of the fish's mouth:
“Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.”  
That Jesus did not only ask Peter to something for him, but included Peter ‘in the deal’, must have been like sweet music in the ears of Peter. It was not so long since he had heard Jesus say, "Get behind me Satan" after Peter had said something with the very best intentions. Now he was asked to do something for Jesus that concerned them both.

The journey is all about an intimate relationship. What concerns Jesus, concerns me, and what concerns me, concerns Jesus. We work together, not separately.
 A fine line goes from these small events up to the 'Great Commission', which concludes the Gospel of Matthew. Perhaps it even captures the author's understanding of what the Gospel is all about?
“And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”    
‘Manna’ for today:
You and I, Jesus, always you and I!
-----------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: