lørdag 24. desember 2016

A Christmas Creed

There are many creeds. The most commonly used in evangelical churches is the "Apostles' Creed," but there are several others as well (1). In addition, we find traces of creeds in Paul's letters, and I have already mentioned one from his letter to Timothy. Today I have reached another one, and it fits in well on a Christmas Eve:
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:
He appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

1 Tim 3:16
Today I rejoice in the great mystery from which true godliness springs: God became man! When I grab hold of the tiny bit I see, God grabs hold of me and I become part of the mystery.

‘Manna’ for today:

It is enough to grab hold of a tiny bit to grabbed hold of yourself
I wish you a blessed Christmas in God’s great mystery!

------------------------------------
(1) E.g. the Nicaean Creed and the Athanasian Creed

Ingen kommentarer: