fredag 25. november 2016

It is about spiritual ‘sisu’

NORSK
I do not know many Finnish words, but the first I learned was ‘sisu’. Since the childhood I have desired ‘sisu’, because that was what the Finnish athletes had. At least that was what the reporters said when I watched my favourite sports: Long-distance races in ice skating, cross-country skiing, or running on track, field and marathon.

The notion ‘sisu’ became internationally known during the winter-war, and summarises the Finnish perseverance, fighting spirit and stubbornness.

I need spiritual ‘sisu’, and according to Peter it is an ingredient in the fruit-recipe – or the chain-reaction.

“.. add to self-control … perseverance
2 Pet 1:6
The author of the Bible version “The Message”, Eugene Peterson, has also written the book on discipleship. The title of the book does not include the word perseverance, but it explains what it is all about: “A Long Obedience in the Same Direction: Discipleship in an Instant Society” – I like that definition, and I believe that it will result in fruit both in and of the life.

‘Manna’ for today:

Fruit is a result of spiritual ‘sisu’
-----------------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: