lørdag 19. november 2016

It is about living in the light

NORSK
For three years, I worked in Securitas and learned quite a lot about security both in relation to prevention of crime, and also with regard to creating good routines for the times when something unfortunate had happened. The by far best single factor in the protection of both property and human individuals is light.

Actually, I knew this from many years of Sunday School attendance:

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
John 3:20-21
These are the words of Jesus. He even said that judgment is that the light came to the earth. Light exposes me, and when I am exposed, my first thought is to justify myself. It is one of the most evident human faculties to try the escape by blaming others. 

This tendency goes all the way back to the story of the fall. Adam blamed the woman, and even God for giving him the woman, Eve on her part blamed the serpent (1). The exposed Peter represents in many ways a counterpart. He made a full surrender under Jesus' interrogation: "Peter do you love me?" Peter’s reply: “Lord, you know all things” (2) is also a testimony of his awareness: “I know that I live in the light!” - Such an awareness grows the fruit, - the fruit of the light:
The fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth
Eph 5:9
Like goodness, which I mentioned yesterday, righteousness and truth are divine attributes.

Jesus confessed: “I am the truth” (3), and in him I have also part in God’s righteousness (4). The fruit is a consequence of living in the light.

‘Manna’ for today:

Holiness is about living in the light.
---------------------------------
(1) The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.” Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.” Gen 3:12-13
(2) John 21:17
(3) John 14:6
(4) God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 
2 Cor 5:21

Ingen kommentarer: