torsdag 26. mai 2016

What do I have?

NORSK
The radical change in the disciples' behavior becomes evident after Pentecost. I see it already in the preaching of Peter and the consequences of it, but there is also a clear awareness of what they have received. What fascinates me with the story of the paralyzed man at the Beautiful gate of the temple is not primarily his healing, but he was healed by something Peter "had":
“Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”
Acts 3:6
Peter does not say anything about what he has, but it is likely that he is referring to the power of the Holy Spirit. The power enabled him to perform miracles in Jesus' name. 

I believe that an awareness of "what I do have" is very important in order to function optimally as an instrument of Christ. It's not about me but all about him, and I have to trust that he stands by his word. 


'Manna' for today:
I want to know "what I have" so that I can be better instrument of Christ
--------------------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: