mandag 24. oktober 2016

It is about an absolute condition

NORSK
When the theme is holiness and fruit, it is good to establish an absolute. It is 100% logical, and even a child will soon learn that a picked flower or a broken branch will wither and die.

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
John 15:4
Jesus speaks about the fruit of the Spirit and that kind of fruit is a result of the life that comes from the vine. The picture is likely to be one of the clearest in John’s gospel. It is impossible to misunderstand. Therefore there are no traces of the kind of questions I often find in the other recorded stories and dialogs in the gospel. This is pure education. Jesus is telling me that I cannot bear spiritual fruit on my own.

The previous verse gave a hint as how to preserve this unity with the vine. It is about the word. To remain in the Word is synonym to remain in him who is also the true vine. That is where I will be, because in that word is life. A life that is always fresh.

We often sing the hymn: “Abide with me!” - I believe that our Father in heaven sings the same hymn – to me, to us!

‘Manna’ for today:

It is about remaining in the vine.
---------------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: