lørdag 5. januar 2019

Now is the time

We are already a few days into 2019. A new year always makes me think about time. One of the Bible-passages I love to read again and again, is Jesus’ personal mission-statement, simply because His mission is my mission (1). In the statement, Jesus said:
In short, the Spirit is upon Me to proclaim that now is the time;
this is the jubilee season of the Eternal One’s grace.

Luke 4:19
(The Voice version)
Many translations say that Jesus came to proclaim ‘a year of God’s favour’ – a year of grace. However, time is neither past nor future; time is always ‘now’!

God is the great “I am” = God is the “Eternal Now”. 

Paul had discovered this, and wrote:
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2b
For this reason, I can pray: “I am here, God, and I know that you are here too, and I know that 'now' is the accepted time of grace!”

‘Manna’ for today:
Grace is that ‘now’ is always the right moment!
------------------------------------
(1) It is the mission of all disciples, because as God sent Jesus into the world, Jesus is sending us into the world – See John 20:21.
* Source
NB - this reflection links in with General Brian Peddle's "Call to Mission - NOW"

Ingen kommentarer: