søndag 16. april 2017

Knowing that it applies to all - a step on the journey

NORSK
... and this step will be the last in this reflection series. Easter week confirms that Jesus includes everyone.

Maybe some of the readers were a little bit puzzled when I yesterday wrote that we need the rich. It was not to exclude the poor or anybody else - rather, my intention was to include the rich as well. When I today read the resurrection message once again, it is the women who are entrusted with the marvelous mission to convey that Jesus is risen. The angel said to them:

“He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
Matthew 28:6-7
I have never understood those who dare to challenge God's commissioning of women as messengers of the gospel’s most important confirmation that life has triumphed over death. Therefore, I have to be very clear when I address people in cultures where old gender roles affect women's rights to equal ministry with men inside the church.

But it is not just women and rich that are included in the Easter gospel. When Jesus came to Jerusalem, he went directly to the temple and I read that the children shouted in the sanctuary: “Hosanna to the Son of David.” The scribes were indignant and asked if Jesus heard what they were saying, and Jesus replied:

“Yes, but have you never read, ‘From the lips of children and infant you, Lord, have called forth your praise’?” (1)
Matt 21:15-16
The children were included, so were the sick, the robber, the roman soldiers who crucified Jesus, Mary and the disciples. All are included! 
However, it is my choice whether or not I want to be included.

‘Manna’ for today:

I am included in the new life. I have made a very good choice!
-----------------------------------------
(1) Psalm 8:2

Ingen kommentarer: