lørdag 18. mars 2017

I am born of ... yes, of course

NORSK
The theme: “What kind of birth which gives access to the kingdom of God” is still on the agenda:
“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.”
John 3:5
Yesterday, I wrote about water, blood and Spirit as three witnesses to my regeneration. Today "born of the Spirit" gets my full attention. For some reason we seem to be more familiar with the idea of the Spirit’s role in the rebirth. Perhaps, the reason for this familiarity is found in the creation-story:
And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:7
Already in the first verse of the prologue, John identified "logos" as God. A few verses later he states “In him was life”. Therefore, it is also he who gives mankind new life. Just as God breathed the breath of life into the first Adam, he now breaths new life through the last Adam. This is how Paul describes this:
“The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
1 Cor 15:45
There is a lot of food for the thought in this reflection, but the main thing is to have the assurance of regeneration in the heart!

‘Manna’ for today:

I am born of the Spirit! (1)
----------------------------------
(1) Of course I am – I have already declared that "I am born of God"

Ingen kommentarer: