torsdag 19. mai 2016

Dreams

NORSK
Like "visions" I focused on yesterday, "dreams" were a natural part of the life in the Spirit in the first community of believers. Sometimes I wonder if it's an important distinction between the two...

The Patriarchs experienced that God spoke to them in dreams. Jacob dreamed of a ladder extending to heaven with angels climbing up and down, followed by a repetition of the promise that his descendants would be as many as the dust of the earth (1).


The image of the “ladder to heaven” is a prophecy of Christ. Jesus refers to the "dream" in his conversation with Nathanael:

“Very truly I tell you, you will see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”
John 1:51
Joseph, son of Jacob, like his father, dreamed prophetic dreams and also got the ability to interpret dreams. Mary's husband, Joseph, heard the angels speak to him in a dream (2).
 It is also very interesting to note that angels very often are part of a dream. Although it is not recorded that the disciples dreamed, it is noteworthy that many of Paul's visions came at night (3). 


I have personally experienced that God has spoken to me in my dreams, and I believe that God easily slip through the "filter" when the brain is resting in his presence. It has been exciting to hear and read about Muslims who experience that Jesus reveals himself to them in dreams in such a strong way that they will believe and be saved.

When I think how many hours of my life I sleep, it's great that God can use dreams as a channel of communication.


'Manna' for today:
I dream about dreaming more of God's dreams!
----------------------------------
(1) Genesis 28:12
(2) Matthew 1:21
(3) e.g. Acts 16:9, 27:23

Ingen kommentarer: