søndag 8. mai 2016

Com-plete

NORSK
When I continue to reflect on Acts 2:4, I notice the word "filled". The stem of the Greek word is "pleto", a word I also recognize in: com-plete from Latin. When I am filled with something, there's no room for anything else.

What does the Spirit fill?
 

Of course: my spirit. In the Bible spirit is synonymous with heart. "The Word", Jesus, knew this and stated:
"For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of"
Matt 12:34b
and again in Jesus’ "prophecy" during the festival of the Tabernacles:
Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them. By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive…
John 7:38-39
This is what happened at the Day of Pentecost. The disciples were so filled that it flowed from them. Life streamed from their hearts, and this Life must be communicated. The most important language of the Spirit is "to speak as the Spirit enables us". The disciples simply could not help it. Something Peter also expressed at the time when they were forbidden to preach: "But we can not help speaking about what we have seen and heard." (Acts 4:20)


'Manna' for today:
God, I can not help speaking, but do not stop - I want more!
--------------------------------------
This reflection is part of 'Who acts throug Acts?'

Ingen kommentarer: