torsdag 28. april 2016

What is most important?

When there is a need for prioritizing, it is important to choose what is most important. It does not mean that issues of secondary priority are unimportant. 

For example: 

I think it was important that the gospel was preached in Asia, but the Holy Spirit did not give Paul & co permission to go there. It was because it was more important to prioritize that the gospel was preached in Macedonia at the given time (1).
 

The apostles were pre-occupied with restoration of Israel and eschatological questions.

Important? Yes, may be, but Jesus focused on something more important. His "but" signifies priority:

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Acts 1:8
My priorities are therefore to be:
  • equipped with power
  • a witness
  • starting where I am
  • unlimited by geography
'Manna' for today:
I want God's priorities to be my priorities

_______________________
(1) Acts 16:6-10
This reflection is part of 'Who acts throug Acts?'

Ingen kommentarer: